I was telling my sister the other day that there are just SO many things people don't tell you before you get pregnant, so I have decided to post some of them. I'm not going to post all of them, but I'll write some of them.
Morning Sickness - This one people tell you about, but they just don't tell you HOW bad it is. For me, I am just over 16 weeks and I threw up this morning...out of the blue. It's not fun. Imagine the flu every day for 8 weeks straight, that's what it felt like for me.
Emotions - WHAT?! Brought on by hormones, I can go from laughing to SOBBING, to being angry in a matter of minutes. Chris loves this one. I have currently sobbed over a spilled soda (I NEVER get upset about spilled drinks, I think it is a waste of time...clearly nobody spills their drink on purpose). Chris spilled his drink on the carpet and I broke down sobbing on the ground as I cleaned up the mess. Chris was STUNNED (because, like I said, I don't get upset about that!). He gave me a hug because he didn't know what else to do. I went on to sob that he is just trying to make my life hard...all because he spilled a drink!!!!!!!!!!!
Severe exhaustion - this one explains itself. I am currently staying up late...now I make it to 8:30 before I pass out cold! Before it was 7:00.
Bladder issues - Well, really you just have to go to the bathroom a LOT, I didn't think that happened until you were further along.
That brings me to the 2nd Trimester - Many times you will hear that the second trimester is the best. This does NOT mean that the second you hit 2nd tri you start feeling better. This does mean that halfway through 2nd tri you start feeling better :(.
Fluids - yeah...they come out.
RLP - Round Ligament Pain...HURTS! If you sneeze, stand up too quickly, cough, or move to fast you feel awful pain in your lower abdomen.
Once you start getting over the morning sickness starvation sets in. I'm SO hungry all the time!
I now sweat much more than I ever have in my life. This may be due to the fact that I am very hot - all the time. I used to be cold all the time!
LOL all that said, it's totally worth it :). Bring it on 2nd Trimester (oh but really, please, please be gentle on me!)!
I hope this made some of you smile :D
1 comment:
This was GREAT! Thanks for posting :)
Post a Comment