Friday, October 24, 2008
Funny story
Oh my word...so, let me tell you a funny story. I had a staff meeting at the main branch this morning (with the president of the Florida branches...the big high ups.) Well, for halloween we get to wear jeans and a halloween shirt, or our reliance t-shirts! I was so excited, because as you know...people who work at banks have to dress nicely. Well, last night Chris said "It doesn't make any sense that you guys are wearing jeans tomorrow because halloween is NEXT friday" I thought "he has a good point" and I was going to put a dress in the car JUST IN CASE it wasn't today. But this morning I forgot to put the dress in the car so I showed up at the main branch in jeans, an orange shirt with a black undershirt, and tennis shoes. I got there about 15 minutes early so I decided to sit in my car for a little bit. It was at this point that I noticed several other employees walking into work...DRESSED UP! and I though "umm that doesn't seem right." So, after seeing about 3 people dressed in normal work clothes, I called my branch to ask if they are 100% sure it is THIS friday not next. They said "Yes, we're sure" they even called me this morning to remind me. So I said "Well, you wouldn't mind double checking the e-mail for me, would you?" Needless to say it is NEXT friday that is jeans day! I could have gotten in a pretty fair amount of trouble for showing up at a staff meeting in jeans and tennis shoes. More likely than not I would have been sent home for the day w/out pay and there would have been a record put in my file. So, my boss said "DO NOT GO IN!!!!!!!" Oh fun times, fun times. I'm so glad I didn't go in, it would have been embarrassing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is great!! Are you going to be in trouble for skipping this meeting? I'm really glad you found out BEFORE going in!!
Nah, we'll just tell them we were short staffed, which is true. Plus, my boss told me not to go in!
Post a Comment