Work is getting hard. The people here say such mean things about everybody behind their backs! I just sit at my desk and tune them out most of the time. This morning I was so upset though! We do interviews of all the employees here, adn then post their answers on the company website. One of the questions is "Who is the most influential person in your life?" the woman's answer "Jesus. I now have a purpose and meaning to my life." They sat there and made fun of her! My boss FINALLY stepped in and said "to each his own." I should have said something and I am ashamed that I didn't. Romans 7:15 says it best "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." They all know I am a Christian, I just sat there in shock...and then anger that they were making fun of her for saying that. Why do they feel the need to put everybody down!? I don't even want to know what they say about me behind my back because I talk about God and church and how important it is to me.
On the plus side - I'm feeling better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After one day on antibiotics I'm feeling almost 100%. We will see in four days when I come off the antibiotics if this one works.
Oh! God is so good! One of the customers of my bank has a granddaughter who has been fighting for her life since she was born 4 months ago. Every time he comes in he gives me updates and I always say I'll pray for him. The updates are never good news, and it's always heartbreaking. I have cried over this little life more than once because it is so, so sad. When she was born she didn't have the right number of valves in her heart. The doctors said it was amazing that she was even born. She has had 4 open heart surgeries and after each one has gotten worse. She was on a ventilator for several weeks, then they put her on a heart/lung machine for the past ten days. They have her on the donor list for a new heart. ANYWAY - he came in today and I was expecting another very sad update but the second he walked in he said "You must have some connections with the Man upstairs" and I said "Oh yeah, why's that?" and he said that they took her off the breathing and heart machine this afternoon and she's doing really well!!! It had only been 2 hours but they said before they took her off that they should know right away whether or not they would have to put her back on. Anyway, this man is extremely nice and one of my favorite customers. God has used this situation to open doors. He and his family are more open to the reality that there is a God now. Please pray for the baby, she's adorable but it's so sad to see pictures of her because her chest is open and there are tubes coming out of everywhere. She weighs about 8 pounds at 4 months, but the doctors seem pleased with how she is doing this afternoon. If she survives it will be a miracle. But then...our Lord is in the business of working miracles.
1 comment:
Hey Debby! Thanks for the encouraging comment! Hope you don't mind if I follow your blog too. Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment